When sitting on a bench, they noticed a strange little creature completely covered in fur

After sitting on a bench, they noticed a strange little creature completely covered in fur, lightly covering it. It looked like a harmless little insect, and the children wanted to touch it. Leslie Howe went to Gwinnett County Park with her baby and two other children. It was a sunny day and the young mother decided to enjoy the beautiful weather with her children. But her mother’s instincts prevented Leslie from letting her children touch the strange creature.

This was a very smart decision as I was late in learning the truth about this strange creature and how dangerous it is. Leslie unwittingly saved her children from a poisonous bite. The creature was actually a “pus worm”. This is a special species because unlike ordinary caterpillars it secretes venom and can cause severe pain even when touched. When a person is bitten by this caterpillar, the result is disastrous: it causes severe nausea and excessive sweating.

Be very careful when going outdoors, in parks or in places where there is a lot of vegetation. If you encounter this type of caterpillar, stay away from it and do not let children touch it. Especially small children can be severely affected by the bite of this insect.

Young children from Florida to North Carolina are reporting excruciating pain after coming into contact with the most venomous caterpillar in the U.S., the furry pus caterpillar, according to news reports. Some have petted the insect; others have been injured when the caterpillars fell onto them from trees.

Please share this warning to reach as many people as possible. It is better to be careful than to endanger the health of our children.